Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) regarding Oktoberfest Vermont at Waterfront Park in Burlington, VT.
Oktoberfest Vermont is a weekend-long festival that is a celebration of local food, LIVE oompah bands, games & contests, locally made rustic decor, and of course beer!!! Our event will have a Bavarian-style theme with as many made in Vermont aspects as we can muster!
Oktoberfest Vermont festivities will take place at Waterfront Park in Burlington, VT on September 22-25, 2016.
- Food — We will have some killer local food available on site including locally made brats to wood-fired beer bagels, the best BBQ in the state, German inspired Rise and Shiners, and tons of FREE cheese samples!!!
- Games & Contests — You will have the opportunity to compete in many different games and contests for FREE. Awesome prizes will be awarded to game winners and the champions of each competition will have their name engraved onto a trophy for all to see and envy! Games include:
- Samuel Adams: Stein Lifting Competition
- Long Trail Brewing: Take A Toss Corn Hole
- Magic Hat Beersbee: Frisbee game
- Woodchuck Hard Cider: Gumption Ring Toss
- BUZZ, WIZN,WOKO: Plinko for Prizes
- Able Paint & Glass: Triple-T Competition
- King and Queen of Lederhosen contest: Cash prize and a crown!!
- Live Music — We will have a live authentic oompah band, The Jolly KopperSchmidts, on stage throughout the festival that will get you in the mood to cheer and dance.
- Beer — With your tasting glass you will have the opportunity to choose from over 100 beers being poured by over 40 different breweries.
Tickets go on sale June 20th at noon and are available for the following sessions. You can purchase tickets right here on our site.
- Thursday Sept. 21st: “Meet Your Maker” VIP Benefit Dinner – includes one ticket to the Friday session of Oktoberfest!
- Friday Sept. 22nd, 5-9pm: Oktoberfest Vermont Festivities
- Saturday Sept. 23rd, 5-9pm: Oktoberfest Vermont Festivities
Tickets cost $35 + Tax & $2 Burlington impact fee + Service fee and include the following:
- Entry to the session chosen.
- Official 3 oz. souvenir tasting glass.
- 15 beer tasting tickets (All beers 7.9% and under are 1 ticket – 8% and over are 2 tickets).
- Ability to participate in all games and contests throughout the event (FREE) with the chance to win awesome prizes!!
- Live music from the incredible Inseldudlers.
YES, this is a 21+ event for Friday and Saturday. No one under 21 years of age is allowed in the tasting area and all attending will be required to show a valid photo ID.
Sunday is all ages and family friendly!
Men typically wear Lederhosen and an Alpine hat. Women typically wear a Dirndl dress or a Beer Maid costume. These are available at online retailers and at many Halloween or costume stores in your area.
Oktoberfest CREW will pick finalists for the King and Queen costume contest to be crowned on the main stage!!!!
There will be NO on-site parking for Oktoberfest Vermont. Luckily there are several nearby parking garages and thousands of parking spaces in Burlington that are no more than a 5 minute walk to Waterfront Park.
Unfortunately, no. Humans are the only animals allowed at Oktoberfest Vermont.
Oktoberfest Vermont is a rain or shine event, so please check the weather beforehand. Only in cases of extreme weather will we evacuate the event area…but only for the duration of Mother Nature’s tantrum.
- No entrance for anyone showing signs of intoxication – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Tickets will not be refunded if refused entry to the event.
- All bags & backpacks are subject to search.
- No outside beverages or food permitted.
- No re-entry if you leave the festival grounds.
- No weapons!
- Unlike a traditional Oktoberfest we are not serving mass quantities of alcohol. This is a Bavarian festival to celebrate games, food, music, costumes, beer, and to have fun…not to get out of control!